Dr. Denny Ko Future Entrepreneurs Scholarship program is sponsored by the Southern California Monte Jade Science & Technology Association (SCMJ).
The family of Dr. Ko and the SCMJ board of directors established this scholarship in October 2003, in remembrance of Dr. Ko who served as one of SCMJ’s co-founders and advisory board members.
This scholarship is dedicated to Dr. Ko in recognition of the following:
1) Dr. Ko’s lifelong dedication to scientific and high technology research and product development; and
2) Dr. Ko’s vision and contributions in promoting venture capital investments, international business and management consulting services to many Pacific Rim communities.
One of the primary purposes of this program is to foster leadership and entrepreneurship in students.
1. This program is open to the general public
2. Applicant for the high school category must be a high school senior or junior
Applicant for the College/Post Grad Category must either be a full time undergraduate or graduate student in the United States or have graduated within the last 3 years.
3. Applicant should possess academic excellence and extra-curricular activities.
HOW TO APPLY
2. Fill out the enclosed Application Form using MS Word.
3. High School Group – Draft an Essay (but not limited to) with your response to the topic
College / Post Grad Group – Create a Business Plan and/or model
The essay should not be more than 4 pages, doubled spaced, with 1-inch margins all around, and using 8.5" x 11" size sheets.
E-mail the completed Application Form and your essay both in MS Word to SCHOLARSHIP@SCMJ.ORG
on or before March 21, 2014
Application for 2013-2014 Scholarship
APPLICATION DEADLINE March 21, 2014
1St ROUND WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT DATE March 29, 2014
2nd ROUND PRESENTATIONS April 6, 2014 10AM-2PM
LUNCHEON/FORMER WINNER REUNION April 6, 2014 (10AM-2PM)
Culture Center of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Los Angeles
(9443 Telstar Ave, El Monte, CA 91731 Phone:(626) 443-9999)
High School Group – Up to $2,000
College / Post Grad Group – Up to $3,000
1. My innovative product/service that will better the economy
Please send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the application here.